Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Still here

I have been on auto pilot. So many changes so little time. Horse world - I bought Kylie a horse in May - his name is Titan. I got him from a friend and he is a great horse for her. She really built her confidence. Titan then got a wire in his tongue that we found by his tongue swelling up and taking x-rays at the vet. We then had the decision of surgery or ??? We decided on the surgery, he is doing well. Today was his last day of antibiotics and I should have it paid off in a couple months :(. But this gave Kylie a chance to ride Autumn and she has done very well.

We have done a little bit of gaming this year. Not near the amount that I wanted but the ones we went to were fun. We have one more on the 30th of October at Canyon Creek. Part of my frustration also has been Willow. When I had her teeth floated last spring the vet noticed that her hock was off. He did some testing and she has severe arthritis in her hock, we need xrays to determine if it can be injected or how to proceed. She is fine on small trail rides but any steep hills or the like she is off for a week. No barrel racing with her which leads to do I get a gaming horse? I was using Autumn but I think she will be better for Kylie to race on as Titan has herd bound issues that she cannot hold onto in an arena. Titan is older 19+ and I don't want to put a burden on him. We will see what shall come about.

We are waiting to see if we will be approved for a mortgage, if we are we have a house picked out and there is an arena next door that they have gaming play dates at every Sunday in the summer. It is already fenced and would be perfect. The yard needs work but the interior is almost completely remodeled. We have done alot of trail riding next door to our house but now they have burmed the entrances and put up no trespassing signs so too many kids making a mess. That is my year in a nut shell. I won't promise to write but will work on it :)

1 comment:

Linda said...

Glad to see you're back in the blogging world. I've been AWOL, too since Cowboy's weird head-shaking that left me very, very depressed and almost ready to give up. Sounds like you've been through a lot, too. Wishing you luck on your mortgage--it would be wonderful to live next door to a nice arena!!!! And I'm jealous about your gaming.