Monday, January 12, 2009

Rescued Horse Visit

Hi everyone! Some of us from the club went up to see the horses that were rescued in Springdale Sunday. Sam and I rode up together and then Alisa, Katie, Kaleb, Theresa, and Gracie came up together. We were going to play with the babies but by the time we walked around and Cassie introduced us to all of the horses that were rescued and their horses it was getting later. I was able to take up blankets donated by Andrea in Post Falls and Theresa brought up some straw bales. The yearlings to two year olds are bouncing back fast. They have done a good job on working with them as they were able to walk through them. They are looking healthier then the pictures from just a week ago. The mares are looking better but still pretty thin. But if they are pregnant it will be harder for them to bounce back. It was great to meet Pam and her daughter. They are working very hard for these horses. Theresa is going to adopt one of the babies, really cute little black and white one. The little one in the pictures on Linda's blog http://beautifulmustang.blogspot.com/ in the house is my absolute favorite. If I was in a better position I would take her in a heartbeat.
On another note I went out and saw Sam's new place on Sunday too! It is really neat! She is very excited to move in. It will be nice to have such a great barn! and pens, and sheds, and etc! She is going to take Stubby until the weather is better. She is also going to take Ben so that Ralph can learn to ride on him. I think it will be a great match. Then if I want to go riding over here I will already have a horse here :) . Other then that just starting to pack - I took 8 bags to goodwill out of the dreadful closet. Look I finally get the stupid thing cleaned out just so we can move :) Other then that 2 1/2 weeks and we move - still not sure how happy to be, but it should be good!

2 comments:

Linda said...

I didn't know Sam was moving--I want to hear about that--where?? I'm glad you got to meet Pat...she sure sounds nice. How hard do you think it's going to be to find homes for all of them?

Tina said...

Linda, Sam is moving out by you. The house she used to house sit at all the time with the llamas. It has a 6 stall barn and 10 acres. Very nice house I think she will like it. They are trying to sell but no takers so she is working with them to rent it - maybe owner contract later? It fits her perfect. Not sure on how hard to place them, they are all cute and look good. It will be the stragglers that will be the hardest as there are only so many homes. Sam may take one and rehab and then find a new home, but that is it.