Monday, November 17, 2008

What a productive weekend I had! It always feels good to accomplish all you have set out to do for the weekend! Started first thing Saturday morning with tearing out all the carpet in Haley's room. One of the dogs had decided that it was a good place to use as a bathroom and I could not get them to stop. So there goes the last of the carpet in my house (that was the plan anyway just not quite this sudden). Anyway, so all the carpet tour out the floor sanitized and painted with Kilz paint (seals the plywood). While I was waiting for that to dry - off to Kylie's basketball game. After the game I came home and the paint was not dry, out the door again to take Haley to a friend's house. On the way back home my neighbor was out in the field with her horse, so I stopped and talked to her. Got me thinking if the paint wasn't dry I could go for a little ride :). Back to my house - paint not dry (yeah). Out to the horses, asked my neighbor if she wanted to ride one of mine as her horse was being really naughty. Then after I had them saddled she couldn't go, we made plans to go together at 9 am on Sunday. One of my other neighbors showed up with her two kids and her son wanted to go with. Around the neighborhood we go! I was riding Autumn and he was riding Ben, it was so much fun. After that I got 80% of Haley's floor (laminate) installed.
Sunday, up bright and early and work on Haley's floor (first fed the horses so they could eat before we left). My neighbor came over and she rode Prince and I rode Autumn again. We had a nice little ride around the short loop. Back to Haley's room as I only had 2 hours before my other neighbor came back to go riding too! Lynne (my neighbor) pulled in right as I was cutting the last board for Haley's room. Got all of the horses out (she brought her two kids so we were all going). I saddled Willow up and was not sure how she was going to do. One it would be the first time I rode her out of the pen this year, second only the 5th time out of the pen her entire life, and finally I had not touched her in two months almost. At first she was all antsy and pinning her ears, so I stopped saddling and went up to her head, she hid her nose in the crook of my arm and I talked to her and petted her - then she was fine. She is such a goon. She did awesome! Only spooked at the swinging real estate signs, nothing else! Prince was the only pill, which scared Haley so she wouldn't go with us. Kylie was busy with one of her friends. Everyone settled in nicely for the ride and we went from there. After all that had to run to town drop off the Home Interiors order for MDH (moms daughtersandhorses.com) and pick up trim for Haley's room.
Now all I have to do is get Haleys room put back together :(, kind of tired tonight guess it will wait till tomorrow!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Sounds like rideable horses are a real motivator! Look at all the people who will benefit!!! I had a friend who cautioned me once to only get rideables ones--no hard-cases--avoid the young ones. She said they're too expensive to feed and keep not to be able to ride them. I listened for a long time, but then I broke down and got the young ones. :(:(