Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Ride at Farragut and other stuff

I got to go riding this weekend, at Farragut state park!! My friend Sam came over and we decided to load up and head to Farragut (which is only 10 miles from my house). I honestly don't know why I don't do it more often. We had a great time! She rode Autumn and I rode Willow. Willow was so good. She did have ouchy feet as her shoes were pulled Saturday and she was barefoot, we stayed off of most of the rocks and at the side of the trail. Monday morning she was pretty sore but by Monday afternoon she was back to her normal bossy self, chasing Autumn away from the hay pile with no problems. We took about a 3 hour ride and were a little cold on the way back but well worth it.
Kylie had her basketball game Saturday, she is doing a little better. If I could convince her that every time someone touches her it is not a major crime and they are not killing her, she would do better. Every time someone touches her she thinks she is getting slammed to the ground and shows the outraged ouchy face. Drama queen should be invented for her at times. Okay enough picking on my poor child.
Haley is still another story. Can I say I am not real impresseed with teenagers ( and she just turned 13) The "Your child will come back to haunt you like you did to your parents syndrome" has hit full force!
Other then that I leave at daybreak and get home after dark. I really hate the winter months. Looking forward to a long weekend - 4 days off!! Thanksgiving will be in St Maries at my brother in laws - father in laws house (yeah figure that one out) Fred is recovering from a 4 wheeler accident (the father in law of my brother in law) 4 broken ribs, seperated shoulder, and punctured lung - so I have volunteered to go down early and help as much as I can (for those of you who know me it won't be much help in the cooking area, there is a reason I bring pink salad and not anything cooked to these things) Which if anyone is looking for a good salad that is a little different here is the recipe:

Cherry pie filling - 1 can
Crushed Pineapple - 1 small can
Chopped Pecans - 1 bag
Condensed Milk - 1 can
Marshmallows - 1 cup
Cool Whip - 1 small container

Mix Cherry pie filling - Crushed Pineapple (drained) - Pecans and Condensed Milk together

Add Marshmallows and Cool whip - Mix thoroughly
Chill for a few hours
Everyone in Dwane's family loves this salad! You don't have to use pecans either you can add walnuts or whatever your family likes or leave the nuts out! I should add extra for my family:)
If I don't get back on here have a Happy Turkey Day!

2 comments:

Linda said...

I grew up on that! We call that cherry salad. My little sister has been in charge of making it for the last few years. (I need to run out and get the ingredients). We don't add pecans.

You're riding a lot!! I feel like a bum--I never get to ride anymore. Cowboy got tender-footed and I had to put him away, but I could ride old Red. I might try for Sunday if the weather holds. You inspire me!

Tina said...

That is so funny that you make that recipe, was the first time I had ever heard of it. We call it pink salad!