Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving was good! Good food, good friends and family, all was fun. I took my sister with me to St Maries and then had to drive her back to Spokane after dinner. I was pretty tired by the time we got home. Haley and I went shopping Friday morning but not until about 9 am. She had Birthday money left to spend and I needed to pick up a few things. She got lots of goodies. I found a couple x-mas presents for Kylie at 1/2 price (always love that) and then Corral West in Coeurdalene is going out of business, so I got me two Cowgirl Up sweatshirts. It was kind of funny as I had not bought any sweatshirts all day, even though that was what I was looking for. Corral West was our last stop and actually we were on our way out of the parking lot and saw a guy holding a going out of business sign and turned around and went back. After that I dropped Haley off at a friends and headed back to St Maries, I think I could make that drive in my sleep. Came home Saturday night (the end of hunting season YEAH!) Sunday we took Kylie to see 4 Christmas's it was a very funny movie.
The horses are all wet and I put their blankets on Friday as it was snowing. Now it is just raining and almost too warm for blankies, hoping it will stop raining so I can take them off. Also hoping it would either freeze or stop raining so Dwane can go back to work. He drives a couple days and then is off again. He has a couple prospects for new jobs, but none have panned out yet. They just closed the Chilco mill by our house until January, this really is getting scary. Anyway hope all had a good weekend, my diet has fallen by the wayside, but I have lost 10 lbs. Now the trick will be getting going again :) It is always so expensive to diet, have you ever noticed all the food that is bad for you is alot cheaper? No wonder there is a weight problem, if it is high fat and calories and totally not healthy you can buy it, anything good for you lower in fat and what not is twice as much. Crazy world we live in!

1 comment:

Linda said...

I hope the job issue turns around for you. Right now we're all on pins and needles waiting to see who is going to get laid off next. This economy is scary. I sure hope things turn around soon.

Hey--congrats on keeping off the 10 pounds!! And you're right about the high price of healthy foods. It's cheap to eat carbs and McDonalds.