Monday, December 22, 2008

The weather is crazy! 4 ft of snow and counting, still snowing, never ending battle. The ponies are all cold! I ended up getting a couple extra blankets and swapping them. Put the dry blanket on, take the frozen blanket into the house to wash and dry, then swap to the next horse. I have never had my blankets freeze up like they are this year. The only one that hasn't is Ben's new blanket. I need to get some scotch guard and see if that helps. I hauled Prince up to some friends house in the middle of a blizzard, their horse passed away and the other one was very lonely. They have a really nice shelter and shavings that they can get out of the weather in and Prince kept going out into the pasture. Willow kept chasing him out of the pen. So now he is nice and toasty, no wind and shelter with Joe. They became fast buddies and it is working out nicely. Luckily their water heaters are good. I do need to get another salt block as theirs is buried under alot of snow and was almost gone anyway!
The girls got a couple of extra days off of school! They had snow days Thursday and Friday. Kylie was not happy as they were supposed to go to the movies on Friday for school. The Tales of Desperaux. We are going to a movie this weekend. I was going to go Christmas day, but now Dwane's family picked a day and time for dinner (which I have been trying to get them to do for a week) and it will be on Christmas at 4. Then his sister called me all mad and yelling that she thought I didn't want it that day, I told her I was not involved in picking the time and day and she needed to talk to her brothers and her mom. That sent her into a tizzy and then she apologized for yelling at me :(, what to do?
Anyway, Happy Holidays to all!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Drama! I like the idea of a movie on Christmas--I want to see the Benjamin Button one.

We're wondering if we're going to make it to Lewiston. If I don't, it will be the first time I've ever missed a Christmas Eve with my family. Ever!