Monday, December 15, 2008

Only 10 days till Christmas! Man it snuck up on me this year. Thankfully we have all of the girls shopping done. The tree got put up yesterday, Haley was at a friend's and didn't get to help, but you do things when time allows. I stayed home all weekend. It was so nice to have a weekend and not have to be anywhere. Kylie's basketball game got canceled due to weather on Saturday. They will make it up this week sometime. Haley has basketball, but right after school, so I won't be able to make it.
It is freezing here! 3 when I left the house -20 with the wind chill factor. Dwane and I built a wall for the horses yesterday as the wind is blowing from the north, which is unusual. I should say Dwane built it and I helped put it up. Looked like the michelin man out there with all my snow clothes on. The horses are all blanketed as they were all shivering, the weather just got too cold too fast. Stubby had to be double blanketed as there was no heat under his blanket when I checked just cold. Makes him look really chunky. I have also been giving them an extra meal a day. We went out right before bed last night and gave them a little more hay. Hopefully that helped. I always feel bad when it is cold. If we could have sold our fifth wheel they could have went in the shop to stay out of the cold. But no the camper takes up all the room.
Other then that it was fight to get Haley to wear a coat today to school. 3 degrees out and she thinks it is uncool to wear a coat. We will have to go tonight to get her one as hers magically disappeared, so I made her wear one of mine(how mortifying). She is not happy with me, but I am not real impressed with her attitude either :).
Well everyone stay warm! I really don't like the cold, but maybe we will have a white Christmas. I have about a foot of snow at my house already. Dwane got to plow for a couple hours! Gotta keep up on that stuff!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Wow. You got a lot more snow than we did.

Shiloh left today in a teeny jacket and slippers & I was like WHOA GIRL--it's 3 degrees outside. I sent her off in a thick coat and a pair of my boots. (So, she's probably mortified also).

Well, the blankets really help the horses if they can't get out of the wind and cold. I know a lot of stables that board outside only and the horses do fine. The grass availability is the important thing.

But this is just ridiculously COLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!