Tuesday, November 4, 2008

After alot of thought and a couple breakdowns, I found a new home for Cody, in exchange for Cody I brought home a mare that is rideable. I checked on Cody the first night and they had already put a saddle on him! He was so good, for the trailer ride down, when he got out of the trailer, and when I left. Of course I almost cried, told Dwane we had to leave or I was going to cry.
The new mare is cute - a little bay. They called her Pokumus, but I don't like that name and can't think of any other name. I rode her that first day and hope to get on her again this weekend if the weather cooperates. I am excited to have a another rideable horse but also sad to see Cody go. He is going to make someone a great horse and I think they will find him very easy to saddle break. Anyway, there is my story - see Pokumus picture on the right!

What a busy and crazy weekend! Friday night was Halloween and we went to a neighbors party. Needless to say we did not get home until 2 am but it was fun. Saturday morning we got up and headed to St Maries, where Dwane's mom was getting out of the hospital from pneuomonia (I can't spell). Dwane's sister - Nannette - and I cleaned up Sue's house, made beds, wiped everything down, that type of stuff before she got home. Then we headed out to look at the mare that Nannette's friend wanted to trade me for Cody. Rode her around and talked as Dwane knew his girlfriend. Decided to do the trade. Back to St Maries where we met up with Dwane's brother Johnny to go to the Eagles Club for a Halloween party and dance for the kids. Stayed there until about 10 pm. Headed for home with the 5th wheel camper and no kids! Yeah they stayed at Johnny's, good thing since on the way home we blew a tire on the 5th wheel. Had to get up early the next morning to take Cody down and pick up Pokumus. Made it down there and decided to get a weaner pig to put in with Johnny's pigs. Anyway so we had to stop at Johnny's to pick up the girls and drop off the pig. They wanted to see the horse, so we got her out for a little bit (she loads like a dream), brushed her out and then loaded her back up and off we went. Get her home and settled, then back out the door to go to a momsdaughtersandhorses.com meeting! in Spokane! By the time I got home I was ready to collapse, went to bed and then got up for work on Monday! Another great beginning to a week! This next weekend I am watching a friend of mine's daughter (she is 3) wish me luck!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Hey Tina--congrats! You did the right thing--rideable horses are great! Now you're whole can ride together. :):)