Wednesday, October 29, 2008

It has been one week on my new diet - down 3 1/2 lbs! Yeah, it is working! I am finally starting to feel better, I always get sick when I lower my food intake, that is one of the reasons I have a hard time with it. Once I get it down it doesn't bother me, if I would just keep the intake down :).
Haley is finally bringing her grades up, she actually had a C in advanced math, now it is a B. As long as she is trying. I always know when she is slacking because she is definitely and A/B student. Haley had her 13th Birthday party last weekend, that was fun 16 - 12 year olds running around. It worked out really well though even though 9 of them stayed the night :(. We carved pumpkins, made brownies, danced, bobbed for apples, and ran around. Only one part of drama, one of the girls boyfriend's broke up with her by text during the party (what to do with the technology out there?). Pulled it off without any other hitches and Haley was happy, of course her birthday is not until Halloween, but wanted to get her party done before her Birthday not after. Kylie has finally learned this week that her actions have consequences, she didn't clean her room and she didn't get to go to skate night (and she didn't throw a fit, nice she is starting to grow up).
The horses are all good. Ben's new blanket came in this week, I put it in the barn like it has been there all along. There is a story behind this (isn't there always!). This summer Dwane tells me that I can buy this saddle I wanted then he proceeds to tell me since he bought all of his motorcycle riding gear already. Then tells me he had it when he went riding with our neighbor (now this was about a month and a half before) but that since it had been in the basement the whole time without me seeing it he was not hiding it from me. So I figure if the blanket is in the barn without him seeing it that is his problem (I know it will be an argument later :) but a fun one, I love I told you so's). Now I have to go out and see if the blanket fits Ben this weekend and I need to measure the pony's blanket and get it fixed before it gets colder and snowy! Here is to keeping warm this winter.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Way to go, Tina! Congrats and keep up the good work!

Tina said...

Thank you!