Monday, October 20, 2008

Busy weekend! Saturday, Haley had a volleyball tournament - we dropped her off at 7 am in Spirit Lake at the Junior High. Sam and I had the trailer hooked up and were on our way to Deer Park to pick up Ben, the newest addition to my little herd. He was such a good boy, loaded right up with a little grain teasing! Trailered well all the way home. We put him in the cattle panel pen next to the barn and asked the neighbors to keep an eye on him. This way he could meet everyone over the fence while we were on the run.
Back to the Junior High as I had concessions duty, when I get there I find out my daughter signed me up for the wrong time and they had expected me an hour earlier(never fails). I did my concessions duty and managed to watch a game of Haley's in the middle (thanks to another very nice mom who handled it while I was gone). Then off to Spokane, where I volunteered to help Joann from sosequines.org with a booth at Aslin Finch to get the word out on slaughter bound horses. We stayed there for about 2 hours and then headed home.
Once home I got to visit with my old neighbors who were in town for the weekend. Then off to home to pack and go to St Maries, where my inlaws were visiting and leaving Monday, so had to go see them this weekend. Once there I crashed! So very busy day Saturday!
Sunday, we hung out while the guys went hunting. Once they got back I headed to Post Falls to Walmart and then home. Once we got home I rode Ben in the pen and tried out several bridles as I am not sure what he has used previously, I think the hackamore worked best, better stop with the snaffle but everything else was better with the hack. After that we got Prince out to ride, he sure has been a butt lately. All crow hoppy with me, he did fine with the girls, well a little onery for Kylie. Not sure what is going on with him, either he feels really good or he is sore. He wasn't off riding him, just jumpy. I guess we will see what the deal is. Kylie wanted to ride Ben, but I want to ride him a little more and see how he does. My neighbor has started to learn to trim horses feet, so he might come over and do Stubby's feet as they are really bad and my shoer still has not called me back. That is all for today!

No comments: