Monday, October 27, 2008

I actually went riding this weekend! Yeah, I rode the new one, Ben. My neighbor rode Prince. Prince was a little stiff at first but warmed up (still not sure how he will fair this winter, it really isn't that cold yet). Ben was an absolute dream, I was not nervous once, it felt great! Now if I could just feel that way on Willow we would have a whole different ball game. I am tired of riding in the pen, I just want to go trail ride with out the prickly feeling. But if I would just ride more in the pen the faster I would be able to go trail riding. I still haven't given up and am determined to ride more every year, which I have accomplished. Every year I have ridden more and more. I think Ben will be great for Kylie, he has definitely done some trail riding. He followed like a champ, was more alert and paid attention while in the lead (but not spooky). I tried both saddles on him without the pad first to see how they would fit. My cutting saddle fits the best and has the most room around his broken withers, plus it sits right. Looks funny as it is farther back then it should be, but that is where it fits on his back. He is big enough though that I am still in the middle of his back! Anyway was alot of fun and I am definitley looking forward to more riding on the weekends! Planning a ride with Sam for next weekend, hope it works out!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Congrats, Tina--you found a gem!! Every horse should be that good and that fun to ride. :):):) The kind that earn their hay!